A Personal Approach to Care
At Helen Hayes Hospital’s Amputee Rehabilitation Program, patients benefit from a full range of rehabilitative services dedicated to enabling them to resume active, independent lives. Our philosophy is to let the patient be our guide, helping our skilled specialists design an individualized treatment plan to meet the patient’s specific needs and goals.
Each patient receives treatment from a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team under the direction of a board certified physician specializing in rehabilitation. Working collaboratively toward the patient’s goals, the team consists of physical and occupational therapists, rehabilitation nurses, case managers, dieticians and other committed professionals. The team encourages a patient’s family to participate in the rehabilitation process through frequent visits and patient/family conferences.
The service is well equipped to help patients with amputation due to trauma, diabetes or other medical conditions.
Click here to see how our amputee rehabilitation services helped a patient recover after his accident.
Customized Treatment Plan
The strength of our program is two fold: being able to manage medically fragile patients, particularly those with complex needs, and providing their medical and rehabilitation care simultaneously in order to maximize recovery. Specific goals are tailored to each patient’s individual needs: to build endurance, stamina and strength; to encourage independence at home; to increase mobility. Patients have access to an on-site comprehensive Prosthetic Orthotic Center.
We provide a full spectrum of services to restore confidence and help the patient resume full living, including:
- Physical Therapy to restore endurance & strength
- Occupational therapy to restore the activities of daily living
- Rehabilitative Nursing
- Services of on-site Prosthetic Orthotic Center (ABC Certified)
- Psychiatry & Psychology Services
- Services of the Center for Rehabilitation Technology (CRT)
- Medication Evaluation & Optimization
- Nutrition Education
- Patient & Family Education
- Recreational Therapy Services
- Aquatic Therapy
- Driver Evaluation & Training
- Adapted Sports & Rec
- Case Management & Discharge Planning
- Follow-up care via Outpatient Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
- Amputee Support Group meets monthly
The Helen Hayes Hospital Amputee Rehabilitation Program is JCAHO and CARF Accredited.
For more information, please contact the Helen Hayes Admission Referral Center:
1-888-70-REHAB ext. 4535
email@example.com To schedule a guided tour, call: 845-786-4233